Miasma Override: The Other World
A downloadable game
Update: Development on hold as of February 22nd, 2020. I still plan on releasing a very short demo in Summer 2020.
This is a story about a transfer student who goes to Sylmont University, known for its prestige and community building. At the university, students are required to participate in a mandatory leadership course, where they take part in bi-weekly community service activities with randomized groups of students for course credit. Activities include volunteering trips to soup kitchens, hospitals and nursing homes and animal shelters.
With fortune's luck, Aqua Rosenthal participates as the first cohort of ambassadors to a world that seems to be falling apart due to the buildup of miasma and consequently, monsters that inhabit the polluted world. Join Aqua and her group in searching for a way to override the plague and end the era of miasmosis.
Protagonist (Name changeable)
Second year transfer student who constantly forgets to eat healthy food, succumbing to the temptations of junk food or just forgetting to eat altogether sometimes. (Name changeable)
Botany/computer science student, role-model and extracurricular fanatic. He works multiple jobs, volunteers, and school. He never misses a chance to insult Aqua.
A premed biology student who seems to be the object of affection for many female students due to his looks, grades and his father. He may have a hidden complex.
PhD student, "big bro" and Aqua's roommate for the year. With his infinite energy, he somehow works on research and three TA jobs, and has time to clean the house.
A PhD student who works in a lab with Jasper. He's serious, strict and stoic. During his undergrad years, Hector used to visit Aqua and Jasper's place to play video games.
- Go on randomized dates with a love interest between bi-weekly missions.
- "Skin-ship" and poke around your love interest's living space.
- Three or four male love interests, 3 outfit variations each with multiple poses.
- 169,007 words as of February 22nd, 2020.
- The content warning will be made clear when the demo goes live.
- A Kickstarter page will be launched once game development is near completion.
- Log #9 - Valentines Edition!23 days ago
- Log #8 - Making the GUI & more character outfits!59 days ago
- Log #7 - December 2019 Update80 days ago
- Log #6 - First Impressions of Characters85 days ago
- Log #5 - New outfits for the MCOct 09, 2019
- Log #4 - Break from otome dev + birthdays!Aug 23, 2019